SADCO is responsible for managing, maintaining, operating, and protecting sewage systems and sludge treatment for four central districts of Haiphong City. They are managing a Vinh Niem WWTP, Trang Cat Sludge treatment plant, etc. In the past, SADCO had two projects funded by the Finnish authorities (1999-2007 & 2001-2006).
At the moment, they are looking for Finnish partners to collaborate in:
- Drainage project of Hung Vuong Street, So Dau Ward, Hong Bang District, Haiphong City
Estimated budget: €2.5 million; Period: 2022 – 2023
- The total population in the area is 6,000 people. Area: 1km2.
- From three drainage directions before 2010, there is only one direction is being used.
- Add one pipeline D1500, L380 alongside Binh bridge to collect wastewater and discharge it to Cam River.
- Add one pipeline D1200, L500 and D1500, L600 to collect wastewater to Cam River.
- Financial proposal: 75% of ODA loan, 25% from the Vietnamese authorities’ budget support and the local budget.
- Payback period: 5 years with 0% interest.
2. Drainage and Sanitation project for Kien An District, Haiphong City
Estimated budget: €27 million; Starting period: 2022 – 2023
- Total population in the area: 110,400. Area: 29,5 km2.
- The average elevation is +4.7 and +5m above sea level.
- Old centralized drainage system with no standard design. Wastewater is untreated and discharged directly to the river.
- Constructing of a stormwater pumping station.
- Constructing of wastewater pumping stations and drainage systems to WWTP.
- Constructing a traditional WWTP with activated sludge treatment technology (capacity 21,234 m3/day).
- Renovating existing centralized sewer pipeline systems.
- Providing equipment and maintaining process.
- Training human resources.
- Providing spare parts for sewage projects.
- Financial proposal: €5 million from the local budget, €22 million from foreign investors.
3. Drainage and Sanitation project for Hai An District, Haiphong City
Estimated budget: €2 million; Planning period: 2022 – 2023
- No rainwater pumping station in Hai An District, which caused flood when heavy rain with high tide level.
- Constructing a Phu Xa stormwater pumping station with a capacity of 12 m3/s.
- Renovating and dredging centralized sewage systems.
- Financial proposal: 50% of Vietnamese authorities’ budget support and the local budget, 50% from foreign investors.
4. Using technology in wastewater management and flood prediction
Estimated budget: €300,000; Planning period: 2022 – 2023
- No monitoring systems are available to manage sewage systems, especially for pumping stations. Surveillance cameras do not optimize during difficult conditions.
- Installing rainfall monitoring equipment.
- Installing monitoring systems for rainwater pumping stations.
- Installing monitoring systems for tide locks.
- Installing flood prediction monitoring systems.
- Installing monitoring systems for the water levels in ditches and lakes.
Would you like to collaborate with HAPUCO on these new projects? Contact us via [email protected] with the title “Collaborating request with SADCO”.